Pinterest is an image-driven, social network that if employed the correct way, can boost your traffic on your personal real estate agent’s web page and most importantly bring you a steady stream of highly-qualified prospective clients. This post is not for beginners but for real estate agents that have already signed up, established a Pinterest account and have created at least an active Pinterest board. If you’re new to the social network, Pinterest, you should first read the post titled, “Pintrest - Visual Marketing Platform”
I explore five strategies that successful real estate agents use to boost their business and brand with Pinterest:
1. Create Pinterest Boards Focused on Your Locality If you sell real estate in a particular area, or several areas, you can attract a myriad of potential homebuyers and sellers by showcasing things like schools, shopping, daycare, recreation or historical landmarks in your particular neighborhood, county or city. You can create a board, for example, called Annapolis Shopping and pin all of the best malls, shops or boutiques within this area. To make your job easier and to perhaps gain a few new followers within the community, you should search what other Pinterest members have pinned on the subject and simply repin their best items. It’s a must to include relevant keywords in your pins, such as in this example, Annapolis shopping or shopping.
2. Create Boards that Focus on Your Best Listings Carefully select only the cream of the crop of your property listings for this board. Link them to your personal site or the MLS listings so those who want more info can easily get it. Important: Only choose the best-looking pictures of the homes you pin, that’s because the better the quality or the uniqueness of the home, the better the chances your pin will be repinned. If you have a listing that has a room, patio or backyard that stands out, such as granite patio with sculptured figures from the Roman era, by all means pin it. If you are lucky and the pin catches the community’s fancy, it could go viral driving thousands of new visitors to your site and your brand.
3. Create Boards that Focus on Helping Homebuyers or Home Sellers This is an excellent strategy because it can quickly connect you to potential home sellers and buyers. The best way to attract them is by creating boards that revolve around or are related to home buying or selling. The boards can be on such subjects as Tips on Having a Successful Open House, Decorating Ideas that Cost Little but Add a Lot or How to Landscape Your House To Sell. The possibilities are endless, but boards with such subjects linked to your site with a decent article you wrote or had written for you will bring you serious prospects that one day will become clients.
4. Create Boards that Focus on You and Your Unique Personality On this board you have the chance to share the real you with your prospective clients. This is where you acknowledge and prove that you are more than just another real estate agent looking to make a sale. You should pin on subjects you care about that show the human side of you and what your personality is like. If you like gardening, cooking, riding a bike or are an amateur astronomer, this is the board where you can relax and have some fun. You’ll find that you will attract followers that have similar interests, who one day when they’re thinking about buying or selling a property will remember the real estate agent that shared the same hobbies and interests as them.
5. Add Pinterest Follow and Pin-it Buttons on Your Site/and or Blog This last strategy is part and parcel of the holistic online-branding approach we have been exploring in this edition. By adding follow and Pin-It buttons on all of your Website and blog’s pages, you are branding and integrating you online presence. You will be amazed at the number of visitors to you sites who will pin your posts and begin following you. As a result, your traffic and prospective client base will continue to grow!